Sunday, September 20, 2009

What's Hailey Wearing - Part 2


Here's four year old Hailey again. Today she is wearing an all cotton batiste middy dress. The dress originally belonged to my daughter Doireann who now at a sophisticated eleven years old is Hailey's favorite auntie. Doireann had the opportunity to be photographed several years ago wearing this dress in Huntsville Alabama for the back cover pattern of Sew Beautiful magazine (issue #81).


The dress has had a bit of wear and tear. I wish I had taken pictures of it about two weeks ago. It had a huge (about 12" long) tear in the skirt where the French insertion butted up to an entredeux edge. Luckily I still had pieces of the insertion left over which I stitched in right over top of the tear and then cut away the damaged insertion. It made the mend completely invisible.



The last two pictures are Hailey modeling an embroidered wrap dress which is a new class project for me. I will be teaching this class at BATB in Australia the first week of October. Lots of things to get packed and ready this week. I leave on Saturday to fly to Melbourne and a week with my good friend Susan before we head to the conference in Adelaide.

5 comments:

  1. Great save on the middy dress. It is just a pretty now as it was when Auntie wore it. And I LOOOOOVEEE that wrap dress. LOVE it. Wish I was going to be in oz taking that class. Oh to win the lottery. Give Susan a hug for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time visiting Australia and Susan. Tell her I said "hi"; sure miss seeing her here. Wish I could be there taking your wrap dress class. We'll be looking to see lots of pictures from BATB. Oh, to be able to have gone. We'll be there in spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time in Australia. I hope you get to do some hiking there. The country is just beautiful. Will you be back at SAGA next year? Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, wonderful dresses...have a safe trip...looking forward to your hectic teaching days ahead!! Wish I could be two places at once!!
    Love the wrap dress...Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress just as much now as I did back then, and I can't believe that Doireanne is 11 already! Then again, I can't believe my youngest is 13 already! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete