Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trip to GNO SAGA

I'm soooo far behind with my blog posts. At the end of March I had the opportunity to travel to New Orleans for classes with the GNO SAGA group. They have a long time tradition of being a very well organized, active, SAGA group. They bring teachers in for weekend classes several times a year and are a really great group of accomplished stitchers. On the last night I was treated to a real Louisiana style crawfish boil.


Martha Stewart could probably have taken some entertaining tips from my hosts - the entire evening was beautiful. After dinner we retired to Suzette's amazing sewing room and I was beyond pleased to see she had completed four complete dress and jacket sets from my book.


Suzette had also completed the dress and jacket set I had taught for the guild way back in 2002. As a teacher, it is greatly satisfying to see such beautifully embroidered and constructed FINISHED class projects.


I already have plans to go back to see my stitching friends in New Orleans in September of 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be making this dress, well, three of them, actually, for Easter. Probably not the jackets, though, since I also have three matching doll dresses to make. My question is about interfacing the area of the skirt to be pleated. Your "Sew Cute..." book says to do this, yet I don't recall you mentioning this when you were in PBG, FL last spring. You said to interface the front yoke with the "Baby" interfacing from Farmhouse Fabrics. Is this what I need to use for the skirt also? Why does this area need interfacing?
    Thanks so much!
    Jane
    (I ran my first half-marathon in October; may try for a marathon next fall :) )

    ReplyDelete