Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Almost heaven....South Carolina????


I know the song goes "almost heaven, West Virginia" but I'm quite sure it was almost heaven, South Carolina for me last week. I was lucky enough to spend four days teaching at Farmhouse Fabrics in Beech Island, South Carolina. Sally's warehouse is an overwhelming experience - in the best possible way. I've included a few close up photos to show a tiny portion of what's available at Farmhouse Fabrics.


I had an excellent group of students from all over the country, several of them dear friends who I have not seen in the last two years. Sally and her staff, especially Connie Palmer, were beyond helpful making sure everything went well. Everyday at lunchtime we were treated to a beautifully presented meal.



Between the stitching and the great food and the unbelievable on site SHOPPING I don't think anyone wanted to ever go home. I plan to go back two more times this year and hopefully many more times in the years to come. You can visit Farmhouse Fabrics online at www.farmhousefabrics.com.

10 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like fun and I see lots of friends in this picture. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Gail - It Was HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, it was such a joy having the opportunity to be in your class! I hope you will come often to Farmhouse Fabrics for classes. Living close to FF is wonderful and Sally and her staff are always so helpful and so much fun. Thanks again and I plan to have my outfits finished soon so I drop in in July and show them to you. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Gail. . .I have been stitching, planning, and itching to pleat once again since our three days of learning!! I'm back in PA. now, and will be calling Sally first thing tomorrow to ask her to add a few things to my goodies which I ordered. I'm also paying a visit to my local sewing machine store on Friday!! I'm truly smitten. . .grazie mille!! p.s. I'll send photos of Gemma in her Farmhouse outfit when it's finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail! Your blog is nothing short of WONDERFUL! I'm so glad I thought to ask you about it at work today! I intend to go back and read everything from the start! You are such an amazing person! So much talent and beauty to share! I will be forever grateful for the time I spent in your classes! You are truly an inspiriation in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail, What a wonderful time I had in your class at Farmhouse. You are an exceptional seamstress and so willing to share your talents and techniques. It is always great to be in the company of friends who share a passion for beautifully constructed garments. I look forward to taking more of your classes at FH. I am so fortunate that Farmhouse is only a 30 minute drive from my house--I'm spoiled by the choices always available plus the great hospitality always extended by Sally and her girls. Again, thank you for a weekend of sewing that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Heaven is a great word for a combination of your class and Farmhouse. I had so much fun and learned so much. I just used your binding and continuous piping techniques on Elise's Easter bishop. I can't wait to get back to this project too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I purchase wool blanketing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I get a copy of the pattern for the adorable smocked blouse, pants and jacket you taught your students to make at the classes you had at Farmhouse Fabrics? I'd be happy to buy a kit if they are for sale! I live near San Diego so the class was not something I could attend but I'd sure love to buy the pattern! Thanks! I am Jane at moms3csk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete