Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Little Red Jacket

This jacket just makes me happy. I made it for my oldest daughters 31st birthday which was on January 1. It's so her. She's a little tiny thing and a bit of a fashionista and always likes things a little left of center so this suits her perfectly. It's made from a superfine 100% wool and Simplicity pattern 2730 - no design changes whatsoever to the pattern. Please excuse my somewhat cluttered photography - I need a lesson on cropping photos!

A series of 13 reverse darts around the neckline make for a really cute fit on this pattern and also an interesting design detail. The fabric flowers were quite heavy when completed but actually sat quite nicely around the neckline once firmly stitched down. I added a few beads to the center of the flowers. I keep gently nagging at her (that's what mom's do, isn't it?) for a photo of her wearing it. Her family just had pictures taken at Christmas time. Hunter is 9 and Jorden (wild thing!) is 7. Her really great husband Bart shall remain ageless.

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful photos! I love the jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful family; wonderful photos; wonderful mother; lovely jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the jacket. Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful birthday gift! I will be on the lookout for a flash of red around town. Can't believe she lives nearby, and we never run into each other. Maybe that is because I don't have cute little kids anymore! Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete